Make ahead camping meals are great for busy camp days!
This Asian Beef And Broccoli Camping Dutch Oven Recipe is so flavorful and super simple because it is a “dump and cook” camp dinner.
The ginger and garlic make a bold statement in this meal that will be on your camping dinner table in under 30 minutes!
Psst we’re compensated…see our disclosures.
Steps To Make Asian Beef And Broccoli
Step 1. Place ingredients in freezer bag.
I have lots of camp meals I make from scratch at the campsite. I also like having a few “dump and cook” options for the days when we are out exploring and hiking for the majority of the day.
I also LOVE doing prep work at home where I have unlimited water and a DISHWASHER!
This Asian Beef And Broccoli Recipe is perfect for making at home.
You’ll combine ginger, red pepper flakes, cornstarch, garlic cloves, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, beef broth and flat iron steak directly in a Gallon Freezer Bag working out the air as you close the seal on the bag.
Then, just write on the bag so you know what is in it and how to cook and serve at the campsite.
Now, just lay it flat in the freezer and defrost it at the campsite when you are ready to cook.
Camping Tip: To make camping meals as simple as possible … do a double batch … 1 mess = 2 meals!
One meal is for the campsite and one is for home!
Label the bag with the name of the recipe, date you put it in the freezer and cooking instructions.
After it freezes I don’t want look at it and say, “Looks like a ‘mystery dinner’ night because I don’t know what is in this bag!” LOL
Ziploc Gallon Freezer Bags
Step 2. Defrost, dump and cook.
At the campsite, defrost the freezer bag far enough in advance of your dinner so you are not dealing with trying to do a quick thaw.
Get your cooking equipment and campfire ready for cooking.
Dump the contents of the freezer bag into your camping Dutch oven and simmer till almost cooked through.
Now, you’ll add the broccoli and continue cooking until the meat and broccoli are fully cooked.
When I am making my “dump and cook” recipes, I like to use a Dutch oven hanging from a Camp Dutch Oven Tripod but you can also use your Dutch oven on a grill grate or even a camp stove or RV stovetop.
Lodge Adjustable Camp Tripod, 40 to 60-Inch Tall
Step 3. Prep the rice and toppings.
While the beef and broccoli are simmering, cook the jasmine rice according to package directions and slice the green onions for serving.
I like using my Camping Flexible Cutting Mats at the campsite because they are lightweight, easy to clean and hang on hooks when not in use.
They are so cute they can be considered camping wall art!
Camping Flexible Cutting Mats
Similar Camp Recipes
If you like this beef and broccoli, you’ll want to try these other yummy meals.
This Easy Dutch Oven American Chinese Chop Suey uses a cast iron Dutch oven like a wok so you won’t miss your favorite Chinese take-out restaurant when you are out in the wilderness!
My Camp Oven Chicken Curry makes use of flavor-packed ingredients that are readily available in local grocery stores.
This Dutch Oven Thai Campfire Chicken Recipe is another make ahead meal that you just “dump and cook” at camp.
The flavors in this Campfire Dutch Oven Thai Basil Shrimp dinner are AMAZING! You’ll want to serve it over rice to soak up all the delicious sauce!
Print This Asian Beef And Broccoli Camping Dutch Oven Recipe
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger*
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes*
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch*
- 4 garlic cloves, minced*
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce*
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar*
- 14.5 ounce can beef broth*
- 1 1/2 pound flat iron steak, cut in thin strips*
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 4 servings jasmine rice, fully cooked
- 2 fresh green onions, sliced thin
- In gallon freezer bag, combine ginger, red pepper flakes, cornstarch, garlic cloves, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, beef broth and flat iron steak. NOTE: Ingredients marked with * are prepared at home and placed in a freezer bag.
- Label outside of bag with name, cooking and serving instructions. Seal and lay flat in freezer.
- At campsite: Defrost freezer bag and dump contents in 12-inch camp Dutch oven.
- Prepare campfire or charcoal briquettes for cooking.
- Simmer covered over medium heat of campfire, charcoal briquettes or camp stove till almost cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Now, add the broccoli and finish cooking till broccoli is tender and meat is fully cooked through, about 10 more minutes. NOTE: depending on your elevation and cooking conditions, you might need to add water so there is enough liquid to cook the broccoli.
- Serve over jasmine rice and top with green onions.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 653Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 141mgSodium: 1003mgCarbohydrates: 57gFiber: 5gSugar: 2gProtein: 52g
Want more ideas for yummy breakfast, dinner and dessert camping recipes?
Check out our Dutch Oven Recipes For Camping post for some inspiration!
Cast Iron Dutch Oven Cleanup
You know if you treat your camp cast iron gear right, it will last for generations!
After you have enjoyed this Asian Beef And Broccoli Camping Dutch Oven Recipe, clean and season you cast iron camp cookware.
Check out our Cleaning And Seasoning Cast Iron Dutch Oven Cookware post for tips!