Speedy and flavorful camping foods frequently begins with fish!
This Blackened Trout With Cajun Cream Sauce Forged Iron Skillet Camping Recipe is a person of my go-to recipes for an easy camp meal.
I make it with diverse styles of fish and when I served it to my brother-in-regulation on a camping excursion … he explained it was THE Very best Food HE ATE IN HIS Everyday living!
I by no means told him how uncomplicated it was to make. LOL
Psst we’re compensated…see our disclosures.
Blackened Trout With Cajun Product Sauce Camping Recipe
As prepared, this recipe serves four but it can speedily be scaled up to feed far more persons or down to make tenting meals for two.
When I say you can use a ready Cajun spice mix for this Blackened Trout With Cajun Product Sauce Camping Recipe …
I am sorta kidding …
simply because my Cajun Spice Combine Tenting Recipe is soooooooo simple and yummy!
I definitely simply cannot comprehend why everyone would at any time take the shortcut.
I’m guessing you will really like my mix and will maintain it on hand in your pantry all yr round!
I am a organization believer that sauce can make a piece of firewood taste excellent!
This Blackened Trout With Cajun Product Sauce Forged Iron Skillet Tenting Recipe is thoroughly delectable without the sauce …
it is Above-THE-Top rated when it is served with my Cajun Cream Sauce Tenting Recipe!!!
You can make it ahead of time and just maintain it in your RV fridge or camp cooler till you are all set to take in.
When you are finished with your food, make absolutely sure you take care of the solid iron skillet you cooked it in … if you do, it will previous for generations!
Check out out our Cleansing And Seasoning Forged Iron Dutch Oven Cookware put up for suggestions on preserving your camp cooking gear in prime shape!
Print This Blackened Trout With Cajun Product Sauce Camping Recipe
Prep Time 5 minutes
Prepare dinner Time 6 minutes
Full Time 11 minutes
- 4 Trout fillets
- Close to 4 tablespoons Cajun Spice Blend (the sum you use will vary based on the dimensions of the fillets and how spicy you want the fish to flavor)
- Around 2 tablespoons butter
- Close to 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Heat a cast iron skillet in excess of med/higher warmth.
- Warmth the butter/oil mix to substantial heat but not to using tobacco/burning you will know the body fat mixture is sizzling enough when you place a corner of the fish in and you see tiny bubbles (see notice below).
- Pat fish dry with paper towels in advance of adding Cajun Spice Combine.
- Dust the fish with as a great deal Cajun Spice Mix as you motivation, if the fish fillets have flesh on the two sides, I dust the two sides if one side is flesh and the other facet is pores and skin, only place the spice combine on the flesh facet. Get my Cajun Spice Combine Camping Recipe in this article https://www.campingforfoodies.com/cajun-spice-mix-camp-recipes/
- Cook dinner in excess fat with skin facet in the pan first, when it is browned, turn over and cook dinner remaining side.
- When the spice mix is browned and the fish flakes very easily, it is completed (never overcook it.)
- Dependent on your elevation and the thickness of the fish, you will in all probability only have to have to prepare dinner this about 6 minutes total.
- Provide with Cajun Product Sauce, get that recipe right here https://www.campingforfoodies.com/cajun-product-sauce-tenting-recipe/
As an Amazon Affiliate and member of other affiliate systems, I gain from qualifying purchases.
Sum For every Serving: Energy: 240Whole Excess fat: 18gSaturated Body fat: 5gTrans Extra fat: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 12gCholesterol: 61mgSodium: 3337mgCarbs: 2gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 17g
A further choice for truly rapidly camp cooking is to do make forward camping foods wh ere you prep at household, freeze and then dump and prepare dinner throughout your vacation.
No time to glance for recipes, build a menu and compose a grocery listing? No Trouble! Get our 3-Working day Dutch Oven Camp Menu System below!
If you require camping recipes and menu concepts, you can discover them below at the Camping For Foodies Tenting Recipes record.
Really don’t miss out on a thing…sign up for Camping For Foodies electronic mail updates!
Your buy of our items will enable support Globe Eyesight ® Developing a much better environment for small children.