Do you ever want no cook camping meals that use stale bread?!?
This Panzanella Salad No Cook Camping Recipe is so fast, light and refreshing you won’t want to put down your fork!
Psst we’re compensated…see our disclosures.
- 1 Panzanella Salad No Cook Camping Recipe
- 2 Print This Panzanella Salad No Cook Camping Recipe
- 3 Ingredients
- 4 Instructions
- 5 Recommended Products
Panzanella Salad No Cook Camping Recipe
This salad serves 4 but easily scales down if you need to make camping meals for two.
Step 1. Cube the bread.
Knife Set With Blade Guards
You can either slice or tear the bread into bite sized pieces.
Camp Cooking Tip: When you make a bread salad you want to use a slightly stale bread that is a tad hard … if you use bread that is too fresh, it will get soggy when you add the other ingredients.
I like making this salad toward the end of a long camping trip because even though all of the ingredients in this Panzanella Salad No Cook Camping Recipe are fresh, they easily maintain their freshness throughout the trip … EXCEPT for the bread which I actually WANT to get slightly stale.
Don’t forget to use knives with blade covers to keep your knives sharp and to prevent accidents when packing and traveling on your camping trips!
Step 2. Chop the veggies.
Camping Flexible Cutting Mats
This no cook camping meal goes together so quickly that you will prep all the veggies at the same time.
You’ll be chopping the tomatoes, cucumber (peeled and seeded first), onion, bell pepper, spinach, basil, garlic and rosemary.
My favorite Camping Flexible Cutting Mats are great for funneling food directly into bowls and cooking pots!
Step 3. Make the dressing.
Many of our camping salads start with an easy homemade dressing … this is one of those.
To make the simple dressing for this Panzanella Salad No Cook Camping Recipe, you just whisk together the garlic, rosemary, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper until emulsified and completely blended together.
Step 4. Toss the bread and dressing.
In a large bowl, toss the bread with the dressing to coat the cubes.
Step 5. Toss in the veggies.
Now add the spinach, basil, tomatoes, cucumber, onion, bell pepper and mozzarella balls. You will continue tossing until all of the ingredients are combined.
Step 6. Serve it.
That’s it! Grab a fork and serve this Panzanella Salad No Cook Camping Recipe immediately. It makes satisfying easy camping lunches for 4 people or a side or starter for 8.
Print This Panzanella Salad No Cook Camping Recipe
Prep Time 20 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 1 (1 pound) loaf Italian bread, slightly stale
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups fresh marinated mozzarella balls
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup oil from the marinated mozzarella balls
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cube the bread. You can either slice or tear the bread into bite sized pieces.
- Chop the veggie: tomatoes, cucumber (peeled and seeded first), red onion, bell pepper, fresh spinach, basil leaves, garlic and rosemary.
- Make the dressing by whisking together the garlic, rosemary, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper until emulsified and completely blended together.
- In large bowl, toss the bread with the dressing to coat the cubes.
- Now add the spinach, basil, tomatoes, cucumber, onion, bell pepper and mozzarella balls and continue tossing until all ingredients are combined.
- Serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 352Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 44mgSodium: 473mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 15g
I really like this Panzanella Salad No Cook Camping Recipe because I don’t have to worry about the bread going stale when we are on a long camping trip … I actually WANT that to happen (which seems really strange).
But beyond that, this no cook camping food is such a refreshing change from a more typical camp lunch menu.
If you are looking for more camping food ideas, check out these other totally yummy recipes: 30+ Ridiculously Tasty Camping Food Ideas!
If you need camping recipes and menu ideas, you can find them here at the Camping For Foodies Camping Recipes list.
Don’t miss a thing…sign up for Camping For Foodies email updates!
Your purchase of our products will help support World Vision ® Building a better world for children.