Camp cooks love Dutch oven camping recipes that cook an entire meal in one pot!
Try these Dutch Oven Pork Chops And Rice on your next menu. The mild Italian flavors are easily achieved with common ingredients that are quickly prepped and cooked.
Psst we’re compensated…see our disclosures.
- 1 Prep To Make This Recipe
- 2 Methods Of Cooking Pork Chops And Rice In a Dutch Oven
- 3 Steps To Make This Dinner
- 4 What To Serve With This Meal
- 5 Similar Recipes
- 6 Print This Pork Chops And Rice Dutch Oven Camping Recipe
- 7 Ingredients
- 8 Instructions
- 9 Recommended Products
- 10 More Yummy Meal Ideas
Prep To Make This Recipe
You don’t want to be slaving all day when you make easy camping meals. For this recipe you’ll just need to chop a few veggies including a bit of bell pepper, onion, tomatoes and garlic.
Camping Flexible Cutting Mats
This recipe is great if you are looking for gluten free camping food options … and, we’ve got more of those!
Methods Of Cooking Pork Chops And Rice In a Dutch Oven
If you are making this as one of our easy campfire recipes, you’ll need to get your fire going in order to cook over a nice bed of campfire coals. If you don’t want to get a full campfire going, you can just light a batch of charcoal briquettes.
You’ll be simmering this recipe with the lid on the oven but all of the heat is from below the oven so you can easily make this as one of our camp stove recipes if you’d like to cook with propane using a portable camp stove or RV stovetop.
Steps To Make This Dinner
Step 1. Prepare your ingredients as directed.
Step 2. Prepare your heat source for cooking in a 12-inch Dutch oven using heat from the bottom.
Step 3. Heat the pot over medium heat then add the oil to the bottom of the Dutch oven.
Step 4. Season both sides of the pork chops with salt and pepper. Then, add them to the Dutch oven, turning to brown both sides. Remember, you are just browning the meat here, it will get fully cooked later.
Camp Cooking Tip: The meat must make contact with the hot oil in the bottom of the Dutch oven to brown nicely. If you can’t fit all of the pork chops in the oven together, just brown them in batches like I did in the video.
Step 5. Once they are browned, remove the pork chops from the Dutch oven and set them aside.
Step 6. Now, add the rice, Worcestershire sauce and beef broth to the bottom of the oven, stirring to combine all of the ingredients. Then place all of the pork chops back into the pot over the rice mixture.
Step 7. Add the bell pepper, onion, garlic and tomatoes to the pot to cover the pork chops, then sprinkle the oregano over everything and cover with a tight-fitting lid.
Step 8. Using medium-low heat under the oven, simmer the pork chops until they are cooked through and the rice is tender, about 20 – 30 minutes. Serve with fresh parsley, if desired.
What To Serve With This Meal
When I am serving camping dinner recipes that contain meat, rice and veggies … I call it good. If I want to serve more people, I add a side salad and crusty bread to stretch the dish.
If your family really loves pork chops, try this Dutch Oven Pork Chops Campfire Recipe that combines brown sugar and cider vinegar to make a slightly sweet and tangy flavor in this dinner.
If you like the idea of simple recipes with minimal clean-up, try these one pot camping meals.
Spicy sausage and fresh basil provide a ton of flavor to this One Pot Camping Spaghetti. After only about 5 minutes of prepping this recipe, you’ll cook the pasta right in the sauce!
The Spanish flavor influences make this Cast Iron Fish Recipe taste amazing. You’ll cook your favorite firm fish in the same pan as the brown rice for a satisfying camp dinner.
If you need yummy winter camping recipes that are hearty, warm and filling, try old fashioned comfort food! This Dutch Oven Beef Stroganoff jazzes up flat iron steak and mostaccioli with a creamy sauce that combines sour cream and Dijon mustard for a smooth texture and taste.
This satisfying meal is another one-pot dinner. Dutch Oven Chicken And Potatoes make a great main dish that also includes carrots.
Print This Pork Chops And Rice Dutch Oven Camping Recipe
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 35 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 bone-in pork chops (medium thickness)
- 1 cup uncooked jasmine rice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (14 oz.) can beef broth
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- Fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- Heat a 12-inch cast iron Dutch oven over medium heat using a campfire, camp stove or charcoal briquettes.
- Heat oil in the pot, season the pork chops with salt and pepper then add them to the Dutch oven, turning them to brown on both sides. Work in batches, if necessary.
- Remove the chops from the oven.
- Place rice, Worcestershire sauce and beef broth in the bottom of the oven and stir to combine.
- Add the pork chops back to the pot, placing them on top of the rice.
- Cover chops with bell pepper, onion, garlic and tomatoes then sprinkle the oregano over everything.
- Cover and simmer over medium-low heat until the pork chops are cooked through and the rice is tender, about 20 – 30 minutes.
- Top with fresh parsley for serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 488Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 132mgSodium: 474mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 44g
More Yummy Meal Ideas
Make every camp meal special with easy recipes.