Bold Asian inspired flavors hit easy camping meals out of the ballpark!
This Grilled Halibut Fillet Camping Recipe is so fast and simple … but … don’t let that discourage you from trying it.
The ease of this healthy main course is a beautiful thing.
Do you need quick camping food for busy camp weekends?
Try grilling seafood!
Psst we’re compensated…see our disclosures.
Grilled Halibut Fillet Camping Recipe
Slather a little basting sauce on the fish, toss it on the grill, flip it and eat.
It really is ready in mere minutes!
This recipe is written to serve 4 but it is easily scaled up to feed larger crowds or down to make camping meals for two.
You can grill many types of fish but I really like halibut because it is readily available and relatively inexpensive.
Halibut is firm enough for grilling but flakey, tender and mild enough to take on the flavor profile you add during cooking.
The simple basting sauce adds a bit of sweet and heat to make it interesting and a punch of fresh herbs finishes this easy grilled halibut recipe off perfectly.
Soy And Garlic Grilled Halibut Fillet Camping Recipe
Start your campfire or your charcoal. If we have good campfire wood for cooking, I like making this recipe over a campfire but if we are stuck with a pile of pine, I opt for cooking with my little Smokey Joe grill and charcoal.
I like using a chimney starter to start my charcoal efficiently without lighter fluid.
Mix the brown sugar, garlic powder, ground ginger, cayenne pepper, vegetable oil, soy sauce and lemon juice.
Heat and oil the grill.
Camp Cooking Tip: Lightly oil the grill grate before putting your food on it to prevent it from sticking.
Remove the fish from the grill and top with cilantro for serving.
Print This Grilled Halibut Fillet Camping Recipe
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 lemon, juice of (approx. 2 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 4 halibut fillets, approximately 5 oz. each and skin removed
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- Start your campfire or your charcoal grill.
- Mix the brown sugar, garlic powder, ground ginger, cayenne pepper, 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, soy sauce and lemon juice in a small bowl, set aside.
- Heat the campfire or grill to medium high heat and lightly oil the grate with remaining vegetable oil applied with a wadded up paper towel.
- Brush the fish with sauce on each side, grill approximately 5 minutes per side.
- Baste with sauce during cooking.
- Grill until desired doneness; fish is done when it flakes easily with a fork.
- Remove from grill and top with cilantro for serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 160Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 255mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 0gSugar: 6gProtein: 9g
One of my favorite recipe pairings for this Soy And Garlic Grilled Halibut Fillet Recipe is my Campfire Glazed Grilled Carrots Recipe.
They are fast and easy requiring minimal prep and cooking time!
Grilling is a really popular method of cooking while camping.
Camp ovens are also extremely loved.
Try some of these Dutch oven recipes for camping on your next adventure.
If you need camping recipes and menu ideas, you can find them here at the Camping For Foodies Camping Recipes list.
Don’t miss a thing…sign up for Camping For Foodies email updates!
Your purchase of our products will help support World Vision ® Building a better world for children.