It’s horrifyingly hot this summer in Phoenix … well, that is true of every summer in Phoenix!
But, there’s no need to sweat the number on the thermometer when you can cool off with refreshing camping cocktails!
We got the kid-friendly, super-secret Strawberry Basil Lemonade cocktail recipe from the Kona Grill!
I had a blast mixing cocktails with Dustin who is also a fellow camper and hiker! Check out his camping and cocktail mixing tips in the video!
Psst we’re compensated…see our disclosures.
- 1 Shaking Cocktails At The Campsite
- 2 Bar Glass Options For The Campsite
- 3 Mixologist Dustin’s Camping/Hiking Tip
- 4 Dustin’s Favorite Place To Go?
- 5 Thanks To Kona Grill & Bartender Dustin!
- 6 How To Make Strawberry Basil Lemonade
- 7 Print Kona Grill’s SECRET Strawberry Basil Lemonade Recipe
- 8 Ingredients
- 9 Instructions
- 10 Recommended Products
- 11 Food Pairings For Camping Cocktails
Shaking Cocktails At The Campsite
If you are making basil lemonade cocktails at the campsite, a stainless steel martini shaker is a great option. It makes drinks really cold and you don’t have to worry about anything breaking during transportation.
Camping Themed Cocktail Shaker Gift Set
Bar Glass Options For The Campsite
Kona Grill cocktails are always pretty. Dustin served this strawberry and basil lemonade in a tall, slender Bamboo bar glass.
If you want a similar look and don’t mind camping with breakables, there are lots of options.
Modern Bar Tiki Bamboo Cooler Glasses
If you prefer to camp with non-breakable materials, you may want to use break-resistant plastic tumblers.
Whichever option you choose, I recommend that it is clear because this strawberry basil drink is way too pretty to hide!
Clear Plastic Tumblers
Mixologist Dustin’s Camping/Hiking Tip
Not only did Dustin spill the beans on one of the most popular Kona Grill drinks … he shared a camping-hiking tip too.
He learned this tip the hard way … on his trip to the Grand Canyon, Dustin only took one pair of shoes which he didn’t wear before his adventure. The soles fell off!
He had to borrow another pair from a Boy Scout group that was in the area. Lucky for Dustin … the Boy Scouts are ALWAYS prepared!
The moral of the story: You never go hiking with brand new shoes and only one pair!
I recommend buying a good quality set of hiking boots too!
Dustin’s Favorite Place To Go?
Dustin loves Havasupai Falls (Havasu Falls)—Grand Canyon. It’s great because it has natural waterfalls, camping areas and hotels; he also enjoyed the 8-mile scenic hike.
Dustin did admit that “roughin’ it” around the Grand Canyon happens on a “7 Wonder of the World type of level” which isn’t really all that rough but it sure is stunning!
Never been to the Grand Canyon? Check out our tips on Grand Canyon camping. And, if you want to have a little peace and quiet while you’re there, we’ve got 12 Tips To Avoid Crowds In National Parks So You Don’t Go Crazy!
Thanks To Kona Grill & Bartender Dustin!
We had a great time learning the super-secret recipe for Kona Grill’s Strawberry Basil Lemonade cocktail. We know campers around the globe will be happy we are sharing it with them so they can elevate their camping cocktail hour with this refreshing recipe. Thank you for hosting us!
How To Make Strawberry Basil Lemonade
You’ll start by pouring some lemonade and simple syrup into a tall glass.
Then, in a cocktail shaker you’ll muddle together lemon juice, strawberry slices and basil leaves.
Next, you’ll add ice to fill the serving glass (you’re basically measuring here), then you’ll pour that into the cocktail shaker.
Place the cap on the shaker and give it a good shake.
Pour the entire contents back into the serving glass (you are not straining anything here) and then you’ll top with sprite.
You can make it look extra pretty by garnishing with a lemon wedge and strawberry.
Serve cold with a straw … enjoy.
For adults who want an alcoholic version of this drink, add a shot of rum or vodka.
If you love the combination of basil and strawberries … make sure you try my Strawberry Basil Bruschetta Camping Recipe!
Print Kona Grill’s SECRET Strawberry Basil Lemonade Recipe
Prep Time 5 minutes
Total Time 5 minutes
- 2 oz. lemonade
- 1 1/4 oz. simple syrup
- 1 1/4 oz. fresh lemon juice + lemon wedge
- 3-5 strawberry slices, about 1/4” thick + whole strawberry
- 5 medium size basil leaves
- Splash of Sprite soda
- Ice to fill 16-20 oz. glass
- OPTIONAL: 1 1/4 oz. rum or vodka to make an alcoholic version of this drink
- Pour lemonade and simple syrup into a tall (16-20 oz.) serving glass.
- Muddle the lemon juice, strawberry slices and basil leaves in a cocktail shaker.
- Add ice to fill the serving glass then pour contents of glass into shaker.
- Cap and shake vigorously 10 times.
- Pour the entire contents (you are not straining it) of the shaker back into the serving glass and top off with Sprite to fill the glass.
- Garnish with lemon wedge and strawberry.
- Serve with straw and enjoy!
- OPTIONAL: If you want to make this drink with alcohol, you can add 1 1/4 oz. of your favorite rum or vodka for an amazing cocktail.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 362Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 104mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 6gSugar: 36gProtein: 2g
Food Pairings For Camping Cocktails
It is really nice to enjoy this basil strawberry lemonade with a savory appetizer. A few of my personal favorites are…
- Blue And Cheddar Cheeseball
- Spiced-Up Mixed Nuts Camping Recipe
- Camping Nachos
- Dutch Oven Campfire Spinach Dip
Check our all of our yummy recipes for every meal of your trips!