This is one of those Dutch oven recipes for camping that is perfect during blueberry season!
Fresh berries and a simple batter create this easy Lemon Blueberry Topped Campfire Dutch Baby Recipe.
Psst we’re compensated…see our disclosures.
How To Make This Lemon Blueberry Dutch Baby Camping Recipe
This camping Dutch baby is perfect for cooking with your camp Dutch oven … it is not too sweet making it one of our really fun camping breakfast ideas but works as camping dessert recipes too.
Dutch Oven Dutch Baby Cooking Tips
Camp Chef 10-inch Dutch Oven
This easy lemon blueberry Dutch baby requires a 10-inch Dutch oven.
If you only have larger sized ovens, just use a 10-inch pan (like a pie tin) inside your oven.
Zester Grater with Plastic Blade Cover
Getting super-fresh flavor at the campsite is really easy when you zest fresh citrus.
I like this Zester Grater that comes with a plastic blade cover for my camping utensils.
You are not always cooking with optimal lighting so covers on sharp tools makes good safety sense!
Rubbermaid Food Storage Set
I hate carrying large amounts of dry ingredients like flour and sugar because I know I just have to lug the unused portions back home.
So, for this easy blueberry lemon Dutch baby, I measure and mix my dry ingredients at home and transport only what I need to the campsite in lid-locking food storage containers.
Camp Stove Windscreen
Camp Cooking Tip: If you are cooking with your camp Dutch oven in breezy conditions, block the wind to avoid heat loss.
You can use firewood or actual Camp Stove Wind Screens.
Coleman Cast Iron Lid Lifter
In order to ensure your Dutch baby campfire recipe turns out evenly cooked, you should rotate the oven and lid in opposite directions during the cooking process.
Using a lid lifter makes that task easy and it is one of the most frequently used pieces of campfire cooking equipment at our campsite.
Camp Chef Heat Resistant Gloves
Stressing the importance of campfire cooking safety can’t be done enough.
When handling hot equipment around the campfire, be sure to avoid burns by using the right gear like these Dutch Oven Heat Guard Gloves.
More Camping Recipes Like This
If you love berries, you need to try these other camping recipes:
Dutch Oven Blueberry Cobbler
Blueberry Lemon Dutch Oven Muffins
Dutch Oven Mixed Berry Cobbler
Grilled Pound Cake With Berries
Strawberry Basil Bruschetta
Raspberry Lemon Drop Camping Cocktail Recipe
Print This Lemon Blueberry Topped Dutch Baby Campfire Recipe
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 1 teaspoon sugar (you may want to adjust the sugar amount based on the sweetness of the berries)
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1/2 lemon, zest of
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- Pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Prepare the fruit by placing the blueberries, sugar, lemon juice and zest in a small bowl and set aside so the berries can macerate.
- Prepare the batter by whisking the eggs, milk, flour, nutmeg and salt in medium size bowl.
- Preheat 10 inch camp Dutch oven to 425 degrees (27 total briquettes = 18 top/9 bottom).
- Prepare the Dutch oven by melting the butter in the bottom of the pan.
- Pour batter evenly over butter.
- Bake covered till puffed and slightly browned, about 30 minutes depending on your outside air temperature and altitude so adjust the baking time accordingly.
- Rotate the oven and lid in opposite directions throughout the cooking process. Check our Dutch Oven Camp Cooking Tips post for more information.
- Serve topped with the macerated berries and powdered sugar.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 220Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 111mgSodium: 132mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 2gSugar: 12gProtein: 6g
See all of our yummy breakfast, appetizer, dinner, side and dessert camping food recipes!
No time to look for recipes, create a menu and write a grocery list? No Problem! Get our 3-Day Dutch Oven Camp Menu Plan here!
Our Cool Camping Products Make Great Gifts!
Cutting MatMat SetShaker SetHammock
If you need camping recipes and menu ideas, you can find them here at the Camping For Foodies Camping Recipes list.
Don’t miss a thing…sign up for Camping For Foodies email updates!
Your purchase of our products will help support World Vision ® Building a better world for children.