Having a few super-fast Dutch oven camping recipes in your rotation makes it easy to put a fantastic dinner on the table even when you are away from your campsite for the entire day.
This One Pot Creamy Cajun Chicken Camping Pasta has a mild spiciness that is balanced with a rich and velvety sauce.
Psst we’re compensated…see our disclosures.
- 1 Prep To Make Quick Pasta Camp Meals
- 2 Methods Of Cooking Camp Meals In Individual Pots
- 3 Steps To Make Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta
- 4 Pairings For Single Dish Meals
- 5 Recipes Similar To Creamy Cajun Chicken And Farfalle
- 6 Print This One Pot Creamy Cajun Chicken Camping Pasta Recipe
- 7 Ingredients
- 8 Instructions
- 9 Recommended Products
- 10 More Yummy Camp Meals
Prep To Make Quick Pasta Camp Meals
This is one of our camping dinner recipes that is fast to prep and cook … partially because it starts with pre-cooked chicken that you just need to slice and throw in the pan with the noodles. You’ll also need to cube a block of cream cheese and dice a jalapeno pepper. Clean-up is quick too when you make one pot camping meals.
Camp Cooking Tip: Pre-cooked meats make it fast to prepare easy camping meals so I keep a couple of simply-seasoned (salt, pepper and maybe a little garlic powder) grilled chicken breasts in my freezer so I can slice them for speedy meals that contain noodles or rice.
Camping Flexible Cutting Mats
Methods Of Cooking Camp Meals In Individual Pots
This recipe is really simple because you boil the farfalle in chicken broth and you don’t have to drain any liquid (unlike when you boil spaghetti in water and need to drain it.) For that reason, you need to use a vessel that is deep enough to handle the boiling liquid but not too wide that the farfalle is not submerged in the broth … and … has enough depth to handle the chicken and remaining ingredients in the recipe. A standard-depth 12-inch cast iron Dutch oven is the perfect vessel size for cooking this meal.
If you are making this as one of our campfire recipes, you’ll need to get your fire going in order to cook over coals and you can either use a tripod for hanging the oven over the heat or use a campfire grate so you can set the oven directly on the grate. Alternatively, you can use charcoal briquettes that will be placed under the oven.
If you don’t want to bother with getting a camp fire going, it is even faster to make this as one of our camp stove recipes. Just make sure you are cooking on a level surface when boiling the bow ties.
Steps To Make Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta
Step 1. Prepare your ingredients as directed.
Step 2. Prepare your heat source and cooking equipment.
Step 3. Cook pasta in chicken broth. You’ll need to get the chicken broth boiling, then, you’ll add the farfalle and cook it until it is firm, not mushy. This should only take about 5-10 minutes. You won’t need to drain the liquid from the Dutch oven.
Step 4. Add remaining ingredients and heat through. You’ll turn the heat down a bit and then add the chicken, tomatoes, cream cheese, Cajun seasoning, jalapeno, salt and pepper. Everything is already cooked so you are just heating everything and waiting for the cream cheese to melt.
Step 5. Serve hot. It is not necessary but if you want to add a little fresh parsley to top this meal, it is a nice touch. Serve hot and enjoy.
Pairings For Single Dish Meals
To keep this dinner uncomplicated, I don’t serve anything else with it. If I want to get a little “fancy” I’ll also serve a basic side salad with a prepared dressing.
Recipes Similar To Creamy Cajun Chicken And Farfalle
We love warm and hearty winter camping recipes that taste great without a lot of effort.
Try Dutch Oven Campfire Goulash for a hearty meal that includes Italian sausage, elbow macaroni, and Great Northern beans … it’ll warm you to your toes!
This Fork-Tender Beef Dutch Oven Campfire Stew has carrots and potatoes in a rich tomato and beef broth sauce.
If you have a little extra time and wine, you need to make drunken meatballs! They are so tender and flavorful! Try my recipe for Dutch Oven Spaghetti And Meatballs when you want to have a next-to-gourmet dinner on your camping trip in the great outdoors!
This One Pot Spaghetti features a red sauce with spicy sausage and thin spaghetti, and, it is on the table in about 30 minutes.
A few more options to consider … you can make a quick primavera by combining pasta and fresh vegetables … make your favorite old fashioned comfort food of tuna noodle casserole by boiling some shells and adding canned tuna … or just mix a pre-made jarred pesto with some linguini.
Print This One Pot Creamy Cajun Chicken Camping Pasta Recipe
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 2 (32oz) containers chicken broth
- 1 (16oz) package farfalle pasta
- 2 pre-cooked chicken breasts (halves), sliced thin
- 1 (14.5oz) can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 (8oz) package cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, diced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley, optional
- In a 12 inch cast iron Dutch oven, bring chicken broth to boil over high heat using a campfire, camp stove or RV stove for cooking.
- Add the pasta and cook covered till al dente and still firm to the bite, about 5-10 minutes. Do not drain any liquid from the pot.
- Reduce the heat to medium-high and stir in the chicken, tomatoes, cream cheese, Cajun seasoning, jalapeno, salt and pepper.
- Cook covered till the chicken is heated through and cream cheese is melted, stirring occasionally. Remove cover and continue cooking until the sauce reaches your desired thickness, about 5-10 minutes total.
- Top with fresh parsley, if desired, and serve hot.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 182Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 60mgSodium: 1240mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 22g
More Yummy Camp Meals
Put a camp menu together for your next trip with easy and exciting recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert!