This is one of our campfire recipes that uses an affordable protein as the centerpiece … chicken.
The Greek inspired flavors in this Lemon Feta Campfire Chicken Dutch Oven Camping Recipe are subtle, fresh and make a fabulous dinner.
Psst we’re compensated…see our disclosures.
- 1 How To Make This Lemon Feta Campfire Chicken Recipe
- 2 Step 1. Start your campfire.
- 3 Step 2. Prepare the veggies and other ingredients.
- 4 Step 3. Season the chicken.
- 5 Step 4. Heat the oil.
- 6 Step 5. Add onions and chicken to the pot.
- 7 Step 6. Add remaining cooking ingredients.
- 8 Step 7. Cook the rice.
- 9 Step 8. Remove from heat and serve.
- 10 More Camping Dinner Ideas
- 11 Print This Lemon Feta Dutch Oven Chicken Camping Recipe
- 12 Ingredients
- 13 Instructions
- 14 Recommended Products
- 15 Camping Recipes For Every Meal
How To Make This Lemon Feta Campfire Chicken Recipe
What makes this recipe so simple?
This is one of our easy camping meals that features standard, readily-available ingredients and only takes about 15 minutes to prep.
Step 1. Start your campfire.
Get out your camping fire starters to get your fire going.
You can use a tripod or campfire grill grate to hold your Dutch oven for cooking over hot coals or low flames … you will be cooking over medium heat.
If you are camping with fire restrictions activated, you can also make this meal as regular camp stove recipes by placing your Dutch oven directly on your camp stove or RV stove.
Step 2. Prepare the veggies and other ingredients.
Camping Flexible Cutting Mats
Now you will slice/chop the onion, tomatoes, garlic and parsley. Then juice the lemon.
Step 3. Season the chicken.
Liberally add salt and pepper to both sides of the chicken breasts before placing in the Dutch oven.
Step 4. Heat the oil.
Pour oil into a 12-inch cast iron Dutch oven and very carefully place it on a campfire tripod or campfire grill grate.
Lodge Campfire Tall Boy Tripod
Step 5. Add onions and chicken to the pot.
This is one of our Dutch oven camping recipes that is cooked uncovered.
Place the onions and chicken into the Dutch oven, stirring occasionally until the chicken is browned on both sides which will be about 10-15 minutes.
Step 6. Add remaining cooking ingredients.
Add tomatoes, garlic, lemon juice, olives and oregano to the Dutch oven and simmer an additional 20-30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
Step 7. Cook the rice.
While the chicken is cooking, prepare the rice according to package directions.
Step 8. Remove from heat and serve.
Remove the campfire chicken breast pot from the heat, then top with feta cheese and parsley for serving over rice.
More Camping Dinner Ideas
Check out these other camping dinner recipes to add to your next menu!
Print This Lemon Feta Dutch Oven Chicken Camping Recipe
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
- 4 boneless and skinless chicken (half) breasts
- Salt and pepper, to taste for seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, juice of it
- 1/2 cup sliced kalamata olives, drained of brine
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 small bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 servings cooked rice
- Prepare the campfire for cooking over medium heat.
- Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper, set aside.
- Heat oil in 12-inch camp Dutch oven over medium heat. Note: All cooking with this recipe is done uncovered.
- Add onions and chicken to pot, stirring occasionally until chicken browned on both sides (about 10-15 minutes).
- Add tomatoes, garlic, lemon juice, olives and oregano to the onions already in the Dutch oven, simmer till chicken is cooked through (about 20-30 minutes more depending on size of chicken breasts).
- While this camping chicken recipe is cooking, prepare the rice according to package directions.
- Remove the Dutch oven chicken pot from the heat and top with feta cheese and parsley for serving.
- Serve over rice.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 353Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 453mgCarbohydrates: 54gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 8g
When you want to throw away your cooking vessel instead of cleaning it, try some of these campfire meals in foil.
Camping Recipes For Every Meal
We have exciting camping food ideas for breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert … try something new on your next trip!
Our Cool Camping Products Make Great Gifts!