How to Keep Necklaces from Tangling? Travelling is one of the most exciting things you can do in life, but it also comes with its fair share of challenges.
When packing all your clothes and toiletries, make sure to include a few items that will help keep your jewelry untangled on travel days. In this article, we have put together a list of some helpful tips for storing necklaces when traveling that will ensure they stay in pristine condition.
How Do You Keep Necklaces from Tangling When Traveling
The best way to keep necklaces from tangling when you’re traveling is to use a jewelry roll. These handy little devices are much more accessible than folding up your necklaces and taking the time to place them in a small bag or suitcase carefully. You can easily take off all of your necklaces, wrap them around the rolling device, and pack it away–no need for worrying about losing any precious pieces.
When traveling, it is essential to take care of your valuables. One way to do that is by using a travel jewelry organizer. This ensures necklaces and other jewelry stay untangled and safe while you are on the go.
Mistakes You Need to Avoid When Packing
One of the most common places for necklaces to tangle up is in the bottom corner, where two sides meet together. This happens because you are wrapping one side around another, which causes them both together to tangle up. The key to avoiding this is simply placing your necklaces flat on the bottom of your suitcase and then packing them in bags on top of each other; one way, so they don’t twist around each other.
Another commonplace for tangles is at the center, where two ends meet together. Again, this happens because you are wrapping both sides around one another, which causes them all together to tangle up. To avoid this, always ensure that when you take off a necklace, it goes back near where it came from (the front or the side). This keeps everything nice and neat.
The final most common place for necklaces to get tangled is between different jewelry pieces, like bracelets stacked with earrings.
14 Necklace Travel Hacks to Prevent Tangling
Tangles happen to the best of us. Whether it’s hair, sweaters, or jewelry, we spend a lot of time and energy trying to keep our items tidy and untangled. Travelling is no exception; you spend all that time packing and unpacking your suitcase, and inevitably your jewelry will get caught up in a mess. I’m here to help with some handy tips on how to keep necklaces from tangling on travel days.
- Don’t pack your necklaces into a bag with other items: Necklaces should be packed either in their separate bag or wrapped in fabric such as an old t-shirt. The more you can minimize contact with other objects, the less likely they’ll wind together.
- Use a Travel Jewelry Box: A travel jewelry box is the best way to keep your gold or silver necklaces from tangling on travel days.
- Use an Old T-Shirt: An old t-shirt or another piece of fabric can be used as a protective covering for all those delicate chains and pendants. Wrap it around your necklace(s) before placing them in luggage – simple yet effective.
- Keep Necklace Clasps Open: Packing clasps closed can cause even more problems. When unpacking at the other end, the last thing you want is to have pulled apart tangled messes because they couldn’t open their clasp properly after being packed tight together/by something else.
- Never Pack Necklaces Clasp to Clasp: If you have a lot of necklaces, never pack them clasp-to-clasp, as they can tangle together very quickly. This also applies if you are packing earrings with necklace pendants or bracelets with other bracelets – avoid any contact between clasps at all costs.
- Use Velvet Pouches for Storage & Protection: We recommend storing your pieces in velvet pouches to protect against damage and scratches. There are so many styles that it’s easy to find one that fits within your budget and style preferences. When unpacking, leave the pouch over each piece until you’re ready to wear/use them; this ensures they stay pristine while tucked away in your luggage.
- Use a Laundry Bag: If you don’t have room for all these supplies, an old laundry bag can serve as the perfect storage device. Throw it over each necklace and keep everything together until unpacking time – simple yet effective.
- Never Pull on Necklaces When Unpacking: We always recommend grabbing necklaces by their pendants to avoid putting too much pressure on chains, which could cause them to break or bend out of shape. Just take care when unwrapping/unpacking that they aren’t accidentally pulled into something else (a jacket pocket!) since this will create more tangles than ever before.
- Don’t Wear All Your Jewelry at Once!: You’ve spent a lot of money on these pieces, so why not show them off at their best. A great way to avoid tangling is by only wearing one or two of the most intricate necklaces (preferably those with multiple pendants) instead of all of them at once.
- Always Hang Necklaces When Not Wearing: Avoiding tangles doesn’t mean you need to remove your jewelry after every wear; it simply means taking proper care when storing and unpacking/packing for travel days.
- Donate Old Pieces You’re No Longer Using: Getting rid of necklaces you’re no longer wearing is a great way to avoid the mess and keep your jewelry organized. Whether donating or passing them along as gifts, get rid of anything that isn’t getting worn anymore, so you don’t have an unorganized pile building up in storage.
- Store Necklaces By Hanging: We recommend storing necklaces by hanging them from a hanger, as this ensures they won’t be tangled up the next time you decide to show them off.
- Take Care When Unpacking: Take care when unwrapping/unpacking that they aren’t accidentally pulled into something else (a jacket pocket!) since this will create more tangles than ever before
- Use Hangers: When using hangers, make sure each necklace hangs from its hook instead of next to another piece; this ensures they don’t tangle up with other chains while tucked away in storage.
As we mentioned before, traveling comes with its fair share of challenges. There’s the packing and unpacking process that can take a while to get right; there are all those new places you need to explore—some of which may be less than safe for travelers.
But what about your jewelry? It might seem like an afterthought, but it’s worth taking care of when choosing where to store necklaces on travel days so they don’t tangle in transit.
In this article, we have put together a list of some helpful tips for storing necklaces that will keep them from getting tangled or broken during travels. We hope our suggestions help make traveling just a little easier.
Charles Wesley is a professional writer and editor, and he loves traveling. This has led him to write a blog about his adventures in many parts of the world, and He has plans to explore more of the world over time. He has worked as a freelancer for several years, and He enjoys working with brands on a variety of different projects.